/widgets.js";var sz=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];sz.parentNode.insertBefore(z,sz)}(document,"script","zb-embed-code"));

Poland Resident Permit


Are you a student or whatever brings you to poland, you will have to follow not only your heart, but also some rules before your move to the center of Europe, make sure you are familiar with the documents and processes described below; 


If you are entering Poland with the intention of staying for a period shorter than 90 days, you usually do not need visa. There are some countries, however whose nationals are obliged to obtain it even when coming for a brief visit. If you come from a non-Schengen state, sometimes referred to as third world country, it should set alarm bells ringing. Visit the Polish Ministry of foreign Affairs website and see if you can travel to poland visa-free. If your country is not on the list, you will be obliged to apply for a visa. Remember, that if your stay is going to be longer than 90 days, you will have to obtain it regardless of your country of origin.



Before your arrival, you need to decide on the type of the document you will need. Poland offers three types of visas; A,C and D and you can get them in a Polish consulate in your homeland.

Visa D is the so called “national visa and has been designed for those whose stay is going to last 91 days or more. Apart from entering Poland , it allows you to visit other Schengen countries but as a rule it is not longer than one year.



Just a temporary one. If your visa validity is coming to an end, this is the best option to continue your legal stay in Poland. You can get a temporary residence card  in one of the 16 Voivodeship Offices in Poland. The document allows you to stay in Poland for 1- 3 years and can be renewed if necessary. What is important is finding a good reason to validate your stay – usually it is pursuing higher education , securing a job position or conducting some research .  The list goes on, but your purpose of stay has to be compelling and most importantly – well documented.



Register your stay in Poland – EU and non-EU citizens

After arrival: registering your stay

All foreign citizens are obliged to register their long-stay in Poland. This obligation applies to citizens of member states of the EU as well as to all other foreign visitors.

EU citizens

Citizens of member states of the European Union and EFTA can enter the Republic of Poland without a visa. They do not need to register their short-term stay (shorter than 3 months). After three months they should register their long-term stay.

Registration of stay – long-term (longer than 3 months)

Citizens of member states of the EU and EFTA who reside in Poland for more than three months are obliged to register their stay with the authorities. A registration application needs to be submitted stating the reasons for an extended stay (e.g. studies at a Polish university). The application should be submitted in person to the appropriate voivodeship office, no later than one day after three months from the date of entering the Polish territory. In Szczecin, this procedure is carried out by the  Voivodeship Office( Urząd Wojewódzki ).

Non-EU citizens

Citizens of countries that are not member states of the European Union or EFTA enter the Polish territory on the basis of an obtained visa. After arrival they are obliged to register their short-term stay as well as long-term stay if it exceeds the visa period. Effective from 01 May 2014: the application for a residence permit (Karta Pobytu) should be submitted IN PERSON not later than ON THE LAST DAY of your legal stay in Poland (last day of visa expiry date).

After receiving a positive decision regarding the residence permit, a foreigner is also granted a residence card. A residence card allows its holder to stay on the Polish territory and to travel abroad without the need to obtain another visa. There is a fee for issuing a residence card. The card has to be collected in person.

Voivodeship Office (Urząd Wojewódzki)

Students applying for a Residency Permit Card in Poland are required to submit the following documents:

  • 1 copy of temporary residency application form
  • 4 color photos sized 4.5 cm / 3.5 cm (forward-facing head shots)
  • Your valid travel document (e.g passport) and its copies
  • Bank statements or documents certifying available funds  (22,000 Pln )
  • Dean’s letter certifying the educational status ( Enrollment letter )
  • copy of Medical Insurance Certificate ( ZUS )

Student Insurance and Health Care

  • Students are recommended to buy an insurance policy  at:
  • National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia)
  • Valid Student ID card
  • Passport or Temporary Stay Card
  • Confirmation from the University student’s office about the duration of studies
  • The agreement received from NFZ should be then registered in the Social Insurance (ZUS)
  • 1-month cost of such insurance policy is 46,80 PLN.



Applying for a document very often involves paying a fee. Here are some fees;


  • EUR 0-70 for a visa application ( depends on the type of visa, waiting period etc);
  • PLN 340  for a temporary residence permit application;
  • PLN 440 for a temporary residence and work permit application;;
  • PLN 440 for an EU Blue Card;
  • PLN 640 for a long-term EU resident permit application;
  • PLN 640 for a permanent resident permit application;
  • PLN 219 for a Polish citizenship application

Your files should be evaluated within 3 months. However, sometimes when not everything is clear to the Voivodeship Office you will be asked to send additional documents and in consequence the evaluation process may take a bit longer.

For more information about resident permits

What happens after I submit the form?

The on-line application is a step-by-step process. After filling out and submitting the initial form with your choice of study program, as well as your contact information, you should:

1) Receive an e-mail from us providing matching courses, duration of study programs and tuition from different universities.

2) You decide which university or program you prefer and we will proceed with your application with the chosen university

  • We process and evaluate your documents with the university and once all necessary criteria are met
  • pay recruitment fee in amount of 200 USD, using the on-line payments module.

3) Having done that, we send your recruitment fee and document to the university for.

  • This will take up to one week and wait for pre acceptance letter from the university. Our staff will contact you to request additional documents/information, if necessary.

4) If found eligible, you will receive an automated confirmation e-mail with scanned pre acceptance letter to inform you that your appliaction has been successful

5) You should pay your tuition and service fee (250 USD) at this point, We will provide university bank account details to pay directly to the university and scan us a copy to confirm with the university. (Please note we do not accept tuition fees from students !) 6) Once this is done, and tuition is confirmed, university issues acceptance letter( Invitation) and sent by post (DHL/EMS).

7) Now you can apply for visa.


Don’t hesitate to contact our admission team anytime during the process, if you have any additional questions or if you would like to consult your individual application.

You can contact our admission staff at the following phone number/e-mail addresses:

Tel; +48579278094 e-mail: recruitment@studyinginpoland.pl

Service fee

The service fee is one of the charges of the application process . It covers the costs of your admission, evaluation of documents, consultation and postal services as well as the costs of all related administrative services. Please note that Voguepay is our official online payment service provider.