The Department of Foreign Languages offers preparatory courses to foreigners who want to study BSc and MSc courses in English at Polish Universities.
This course includes 600 hours of English (20 hours of English per week- 5 times x 4 lessons a day), 20 hours of Polish (4 lessons a week) as well as 90 hours of mathematics and 60 hours of physics.
To start the course of English students should be at intermediate level B1 as set forth in common European Framework for Language, Teaching and Assessment. The aim of the course is to help students improve their language skills and reach B2 level (68-74 Cambridge ESOL Bulats test) and to introduce English for academic purposes in order to enable them to follow the university courses in English.
The preparatory course of English lasts for the whole academic year (from October to June) and is divided into two terms. in the first semester students learn general English with professional language elements. The second semester covers a balance of language skills (speaking, listening, reading, writing), grammar and vocabulary with a special focus on academic language. The course builds the skills required for lectures, tutorials, reading research and written assignments in English.
It also aims at making up the differences of candidates’ knowledge in the prerequisite subjects to help them in their first year of studies.
At the end of the course students take examinations in English, physics and mathematics. The English examination is at B2 level and consists of two parts a written test and an interview.
Participants will be provided, free of charge, with course books and other teaching materials to be used at the preparatory English course.
The final examination is Cambridge ESOL Bulats online test. it tests listening and reading skills, speaking, knowledge of grammar and vocabulary. The exam registration fee is 360 PLN.
The on-line application is a step-by-step process. After filling out and submitting the initial form with your choice of study program, as well as your contact information, you should:
1) Receive an e-mail from us providing matching courses, duration of study programs and tuition from different universities.
2) You decide which university or program you prefer and we will proceed with your application with the chosen university
3) Having done that, we send your recruitment fee and document to the university for.
4) If found eligible, you will receive an automated confirmation e-mail with scanned pre acceptance letter to inform you that your appliaction has been successful
5) You should pay your tuition and service fee (250 USD) at this point, We will provide university bank account details to pay directly to the university and scan us a copy to confirm with the university. (Please note we do not accept tuition fees from students !) 6) Once this is done, and tuition is confirmed, university issues acceptance letter( Invitation) and sent by post (DHL/EMS).
7) Now you can apply for visa.
Don’t hesitate to contact our admission team anytime during the process, if you have any additional questions or if you would like to consult your individual application.
The service fee is one of the charges of the application process . It covers the costs of your admission, evaluation of documents, consultation and postal services as well as the costs of all related administrative services. Please note that Voguepay is our official online payment service provider.